A Windows 98 & ME forum. Win98banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Win98banter forum » Windows ME » General
Site Map Home Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Test Paragraph 4b



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old March 28th 10, 11:27 AM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
Mike M
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 2,047
Default Test Paragraph 4b

"reported below" should have read "reposted below"

MM


Mike M wrote:

John John - MVP wrote:

Ha! ha! ...go play with his dolls! Priceless! You haven't lost
your edge Mike, give them trolls more of those well deserved gems!


My first reply was deleted from the MS servers but did propagate to
UseNet. I've reported it below and double spaced the offensive word
that caused it to be deleted.

Thanks JJ,

It's very rare for me to feel the need to Plonk someone and actually
do it but on this o c c a s i o n I have done so with some
pleasure. :-)

BTW I've now determined two or three very simple and innocuous English
language character strings that when posted to the MS nntp servers
result in the post being deleted. Others such strings obviously
exist but these are three strings that can and do appear in normal
polite text.

  #12  
Old March 28th 10, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
John John - MVP
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 67
Default Test Paragraph 4b

Heather wrote:
YO JJ.....haven't seen you for a long time, and I was giggling over this
FOOL daring to tell Mike he didn't know what he was talking
about........ROFL!!


Yes, I too was having a chuckle when I saw this troll lining himself up,
I thought to myself, "..this shouldn't last too long, well probably see
a knock out punch halfway through round one..."

John
  #13  
Old March 28th 10, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
John John - MVP
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 67
Default Test Paragraph 4b

Mike M wrote:
John John - MVP wrote:

Ha! ha! ...go play with his dolls! Priceless! You haven't lost your
edge Mike, give them trolls more of those well deserved gems!


My first reply was deleted from the MS servers but did propagate to
UseNet. I've reported it below and double spaced the offensive word that
caused it to be deleted.

Thanks JJ,

It's very rare for me to feel the need to Plonk someone and actually do it
but on this o c c a s i o n I have done so with some pleasure. :-)

BTW I've now determined two or three very simple and innocuous English
language character strings that when posted to the MS nntp servers
result in
the post being deleted. Others such strings obviously exist but these are
three strings that can and do appear in normal polite text.


Yes, some *very* polite posters report that for reasons unknown some of
their posts seem to be filtered. MS might have gone a bit overboard on
the filter... yet you have to wonder why they can't stop a handful of
polluting trolls from ruining the Vista groups... go figure.

John
  #14  
Old March 28th 10, 02:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
98 Guy
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 2,951
Default Test Paragraph 4b

John John - MVP wrote:

Ha! ha! ...go play with his dolls! Priceless!


Actually - pretty lame.

You haven't lost your edge Mike, give them trolls more of those
well deserved gems!


Oh yes, please hurt me some more. What a joke you people are.

It's very rare for me to feel the need to Plonk someone


Oh, was I plonked? I didn't notice.

Maybe that's because only old pharts do plonking.

but on this o c c a s i o n


What's the matter?

Is the nntp server that you use run by morons and idiots?

I have done so with some pleasure. :-)


Plonking gives you pleasure?

Here. I plonk you. Did that feel good?

Yes, some *very* polite posters report that for reasons
unknown some of their posts seem to be filtered.
MS might have gone a bit overboard on the filter...


Because the Microsoft usenet servers are run by monkeys.

yet you have to wonder why they can't stop a handful of
polluting trolls from ruining the Vista groups...
go figure.


Because Microsoft doesn't give a rat's ass about their usenet servers.

That's why they have no Windows 7 newsgroups.

They are removing groups from their server, and probably in a year they
will remove all win-9x/me groups, leaving you people out in the cold
because you're too stubborn to use a real NNTP server.
  #15  
Old March 28th 10, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
98 Guy
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 2,951
Default Test Paragraph 4b

Still waiting for you to reply to this, Mike M.

Full-Quoter Mike M top-poasted:

You really are stupid and simply do not have a clue and know
nothing about how Microsoft manage their nntp servers.


I never said that I knew *how* microsoft manages their news servers -
only that they do it poorly - if at all.

A significant amount of spam that is posted to the microsoft.public
hierarchy comes directly via microsoft's servers, because the microsoft
sys-admins have not implimented simple filters that detect when the same
user is posting dozens or hundreds of messages- one to each and every
microsoft.public newsgroup over a short period of time.

For example I can easily demonstrate that:

It has never been shown (not at least during the
past 10 years) that any resonsible person can be reached
at micrsofot who administers their server or who is in
a position to change,


Is untrue but then again why waste my time


Please post a URL showing that a real microsoft sys-admin responded in a
comment or complaint or at least engaged in a discussion about the
microsoft NNTP servers.

If it was worth your time to assert that such a post exists, it's
certainly worth your time to prove the credibility of the statements you
post.

yourself who demonstrably knows little and has nothing
to contribute.


How exactly did I demonstrate that I "know little"?

I said that there is a history of inattention and inactivity when it
comes to how microsoft sys-admins administer and operate their server.
You can prove me wrong by posting evidence to the contrary.

I said that Microsoft (or their servers) plays no role in the operation
of these newsgroups on a world-wide basis. You have said nothing
specifically about that statement, so either you are unsure of that fact
or you agree with it.

I am contributing to solving this problem by offering an effective and
simple solution (use a different NNTP server). You offer no viable
solution.

In other words is a total waste of space and air.


You are the one spouting hot-air here, not I. I am making concise
statements that I assert are true, you rant like a child and say they
are not true while offering nothing to back up your point of view.

If I simply want to have a conversation with Shane all I
need do is e-mail him or better pick up the phone but then
again, you're too stupid to even understand that.


Who is Shane?
  #16  
Old March 28th 10, 03:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
John John - MVP
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 67
Default Test Paragraph 4b

98 Guy wrote:

Actually - pretty lame.


Yes, we all agree that you are pretty lame...
  #17  
Old March 28th 10, 04:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
Joan Archer[_4_]
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 81
Default Test Paragraph 4b

ROFL

--
Joan Archer
http://crossstitcher.webs.com/

"John John - MVP" wrote in message
...
98 Guy wrote:

Actually - pretty lame.


Yes, we all agree that you are pretty lame...


  #18  
Old March 30th 10, 02:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
98 Guy
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 2,951
Default Test Paragraph 4b

98 Guy wrote:

How's microsoft-server fix job going Mike? Or are you still being
censored?

How's "shane"? Did you get him to fix the problem yet?

Got a nice fan-club going here - but they're not too sophisticated.
They've got a remarkably simple sense of humor - you should work on
that. Doesn't reflect well on you.

Still waiting for you to reply to this Mike:

You really are stupid and simply do not have a clue and know
nothing about how Microsoft manage their nntp servers.


I never said that I knew *how* microsoft manages their news servers -
only that they do it poorly - if at all.

A significant amount of spam that is posted to the microsoft.public
hierarchy comes directly via microsoft's servers, because the microsoft
sys-admins have not implimented simple filters that detect when the same
user is posting dozens or hundreds of messages- one to each and every
microsoft.public newsgroup over a short period of time.

For example I can easily demonstrate that:

It has never been shown (not at least during the
past 10 years) that any resonsible person can be reached
at micrsofot who administers their server or who is in
a position to change,


Is untrue but then again why waste my time


Please post a URL showing that a real microsoft sys-admin responded in a
comment or complaint or at least engaged in a discussion about the
microsoft NNTP servers.

If it was worth your time to assert that such a post exists, it's
certainly worth your time to prove the credibility of the statements you
post.

yourself who demonstrably knows little and has nothing
to contribute.


How exactly did I demonstrate that I "know little"?

I said that there is a history of inattention and inactivity when it
comes to how microsoft sys-admins administer and operate their server.
You can prove me wrong by posting evidence to the contrary.

I said that Microsoft (or their servers) plays no role in the operation
of these newsgroups on a world-wide basis. You have said nothing
specifically about that statement, so either you are unsure of that fact
or you agree with it.

I am contributing to solving this problem by offering an effective and
simple solution (use a different NNTP server). You offer no viable
solution.

In other words is a total waste of space and air.


You are the one spouting hot-air here, not I. I am making concise
statements that I assert are true, you rant like a child and say they
are not true while offering nothing to back up your point of view.

If I simply want to have a conversation with Shane all I
need do is e-mail him or better pick up the phone but then
again, you're too stupid to even understand that.


Who is Shane?
  #19  
Old March 30th 10, 02:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
David H. Lipman
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 365
Default Test Paragraph 4b

From: "98 Guy"

| 98 Guy wrote:

| How's microsoft-server fix job going Mike? Or are you still being
| censored?

plonk

--
Dave
http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp


  #20  
Old March 31st 10, 02:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsme.general
Mike M
External Usenet User
 
Posts: 2,047
Default Test Paragraph 4b

David & others reading this thread including Shane,

It appears that on some occasions Microsoft occasionally listen to their
users and make the occasional change to their newsgroup filters. So on this
occasion it is Mike M 1, doll playing '98 child -999.

Mike M


David H. Lipman wrote:

From: "98 Guy"

98 Guy wrote:


How's microsoft-server fix job going Mike? Or are you still being
censored?


plonk


 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Virus? Paragraph, space and return marks displayed, etc. California Dreamin' General 3 October 1st 06 11:14 PM
test MedRxMan General 3 March 12th 06 07:13 PM
Test Test General 0 May 23rd 05 10:41 AM
Test Test Setup & Installation 0 May 23rd 05 10:38 AM
Test Test Printing 0 May 23rd 05 10:38 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 Win98banter.
The comments are property of their posters.