View Single Post
Old June 8th 04, 10:41 PM
sierrad
external usenet poster

Default Disk Partitions??

c:
and I don't have XP cds because it came with my system. I was trying to install a clean copy of XP from system32.exe. I installed some weird version of Windows, because it didn’t have any drivers and looked terrible. So I tried to remove it. The computer installed it in what it is calling partition 1 and calling it Windows.0. I deleted the windows.0 from the C drive, but when the computer boots up it tells me that my hal.dll file is missing or corrupt; then I press F8 and then it gives me the option of selecting either of the operating systems it thinks it has. But it can’t have them both, can it? I deleted one, I think. This al comes from a severely infected computer that I have tried to clean now for 2 weeks. I have Norton, AVG, adware, and spybot. The computer is still telling me that I have some Trojan in my system32, so I turned off my system restore and ran AVG again - it found nothing.

All I need to do is remove the additional operating system. Remain with the crappy infected stuff I had and make it work ....aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
PLEASE help me.