View Single Post
Old November 6th 17, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Lee
External Usenet User

Default Is there a way to turn a folder's filenames into a text file?

Rudy,
On the same page now and that's the important part, thanks for the return message. I knew I had seen that before though and it was probably from within batch work coming from another batch which means %1 then and there resolves to the full filename and pathname of calling batch file itself and if you want to drop a result file in that folder you need to 'back up one' from that actual calling batch file and/or executable. And it makes good sense only now.

Windows DOSbox may be able to handle the expansion of %1 with spaces within but only actual testing would show and your quoting should otherwise provide protection from any space in such a pathname. I only gave it a couple shots and that does not qualify as 'testing' by any means. Unfortunately I wouldn't know what a literal was if it came up and bit me in the hindquarters - not your problem to explain either, I've tried many times before and no joy. I'm sure there many good sites to go look that up too, I'm just not in a mood to do that at the moment. For now I've made a mental note and it seems to be gelling somewhat - thanks.