View Single Post
Old May 20th 08, 11:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.win98.setup
Imemine
External Usenet User

Default Question about Fdisk and win98, or any o/s for that matter

Cracks me up... You don't trust Microsoft, but you're perfectly willing
to
go out there anywhere, on anybody's say so, and download an ME version of
FDISK (which also happens to be an EXE.)

The um, er, 'anybodys say so' was 1)due to link given , and 2)the
'say-so' was from microsoft
themselves.

Where, in all the link, does it suggest downloading (or even obtaining in
any manner) an ME disk to copy FDISK from. In fact, where does it say to do
that at all.

At microsofts site, where the link took me, it made it clear that the problem had been recognised by
m/s programmers, and a properly written program for Fdisk had been included in winME.... I
just thought it would be easier to Grab the ME version of Fdisk and simply shove it on my usual
floppy-boot-disk....... how you cannot see this is beyond me, but maybe thats why the
worlds in the mess its in, because ppl just cant see how much simpler things could be.........
and before you go there, no, I am not a simpleton;; you would be surprised at what I do for a
living.

While attending to this problem, and also what you said about other groups, I ventured over to a
group that had you amicably supplying information on a good Antivirus program to a chap (girl) named
Dan...... I didnt see any problems twixt the two of you,,, am I missing something?
I did see you having a conversation with someone called attilla the hun, or whatever,, whereby it
got heated,, and a couple of others too where your name was in the thick of it.; you certainly
do have certain qualities.

All said and done, I will take the file (the .exe that I downloaded from m/s,) and simply plant it
on another computer I have here that has 98 on it,, then, I guess I will simply go into command
folder and copy it to my 98 boot disk....... god, what a round-a-bout way to go about a simple
problem!!

cya