View Single Post
Old July 22nd 13, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Robert Macy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default How to fix Usenet access?

On Monday, July 22, 2013 5:54:40 AM UTC-7, Tim Slattery wrote:
Robert Macy wrote: Since I can't read a single posting on ANY Usenet group, I now rely upon Eternal September, which is more and more attractive for its simplicity. However, I can't post through Eternal September. Perhaps, I don't have everything set up properly. But, in defense, ES asked for stuff I have no idea what they want or where to find to allow me to post through them. Point your browser at www.eternal-september.org and click "User registration" in the menu on the left. When you register, they will send you a password to go with the userid that you create. Then you put those into your newsreader along with their Usenet server address, news.eternal-september.org, and you can read and post. -- Tim Slattery

[notice the nice grouping of the quote?]
Yes, and this Internet Explorer running on a !@#$#@!@ WinXP pro, JUST to be able to respond...
Went to eternal september, logged in, changed password, so still registered.. Then went to Opera settings and in two places changed the password to match, specifically important was the 'outgoing'

Yet, I get an error message whenever I try to reply. Error message in the Opera window for Mail and Chatting that says something failed.

I tried responding to two different postings today and I got an error message in that window to match each. However, oddly, I kept getting a recurring error message of not being able to reach someone named toylet.toylet @ gmail . com
That could have been left over, but did not recognize it.

However, I'm back to Opera not being able to send to the Usenet group through eternal september.