View Single Post
Old July 22nd 13, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Robert Macy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default How to fix Usenet access?

On Monday, July 22, 2013 9:17:07 AM UTC-7, 98 Guy wrote:
Tim Slattery wrote: Point your browser at www.eternal-september.org and click "User registration" in the menu on the left. Why would you advise him to keep using maternal-september, when aioe is clearly the superior choice? What technical reason is there for suggesting ES over AIOE?

yes, again, google access WAS handy, fast and very intuitive. but now...takes days to update a screen *if* it ever decides to update. Eternal-September was installed years ago, but never used, more of a nuisance. However, when google failed to show any postings; I went back to the list provided by ES to scan down through, reading as needed. Answering? have to go to the WinXP Pro [spit, spit, curse begone!] and use it temporarily. which I'mm now using along with google access through MS IE, which yields these wonderful quote groupings.

Anyway, will try out that .org, if works, I'm done ...I'll post a reply to let you know.

Just tired of having my time taken up for whizbang, when I don't want whizbang, I just want to read the postings. ..and quickly reply when desired.