View Single Post
Old July 21st 13, 08:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion
Robert Macy[_2_]
external usenet poster

Default How to fix Usenet access?

google did it again!
I was very happy with google acces to Usent, except for some quirks, for which I had 'workarounds' Now, google has done something to 'improve' exept for me!

I go to groups, all are listed. highlight a specific group, like this one. everything comes in, EXCEPT for the most important part, the list of postings! Shows all is in and done, so there is no more activity. Refresh, and keep getting the same screen - blank where the list of postings should be

Using Opera 9.64 on Win98 [and very happy except for this tiny disadvantage, so don't tell me to change to Some other browser.]

Since I can't read a single posting on ANY Usenet group, I now rely upon Eternal September, which is more and more attractive for its simplicity. However, I can't post through Eternal September. Perhaps, I don't have everything set up properly. But, in defense, ES asked for stuff I have no idea what they want or where to find to allow me to post through them.

So,
Anybody know a way to fix the google access? Or,
what EXACTLY am I supposed to put into ES to be able to post through them?

[PS I can read responses to this question, but won't be able to answer for awhile]