View Single Post
Old May 19th 08, 12:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.win98.setup
Imemine
External Usenet User

Default Question about Fdisk and win98, or any o/s for that matter

Cracks me up... You don't trust Microsoft, but you're perfectly willing to
go out there anywhere, on anybody's say so, and download an ME version of
FDISK (which also happens to be an EXE.)

The um, er, 'anybodys say so' was 1)due to link given , and 2)the 'say-so' was from microsoft
themselves.

Do you not see the absurdity in
this train of thought?

Do you see how much simpler it would be to simply offer the updated Fdisk as simply that,,,,,,,
an updated version of Fdisk. I have hummed and harrred about the whole thing, and I still fail
to see why an .exe is needed to supply one measly file,,,, hang on sec, I'll quickly go to the
folder Fdisk is in and check its size....... Am back, it is a mere 62.9Kb,,,, surely not
something a programmer would need to write an .exe for?? or is it?
I am confused Gary,,,,, as noone would be interested in an updated Fdisk, unless, they require
to use it on a computer that has a larger than 64gig hdd,,,, so why the in gods name would they
not simply supply it as a file;; it would make life so much simpler for ppl, dont you agree?\

Perhaps I have wandered off a bit, perhaps you have too,,,,, so, with that thought in mind, could
you describe exactly what happens when the .exe is clicked on? Is it searching searching
searching...... and just what does it do to the Fdisk file after it has done its 'searching'. ?
I am picturing it simply updating the hard-drive limit and etc; or is it doing more?

Safe computing is what ms groups advocate,, safe computing and asking questions is a trait of a
good computer user.

This is now getting long winded,, but unless there is something ridiculous happening behind the
scenes to getting one simple file, then I just dont understand the logic.

Thanks for input from the beginning.......
(ps,,,,,,, I still cannot see any other poster in this thread,,, maybe ms could address that
too.)

--
Gary S. Terhune